Walk through the past

Friday, December 10, 2010

pianists, drummers,singers(?), saxophonist, trombonist

What do you get when you mix all of the above together?

A totally awesome jamming session

Yesterday night, got a call from Glenn:

"What time you going 'Bastian's house tomorrow?"
"Err, about 7am."
"Why so early? Go there shake leg?"
"I want go jogging with him lah... after that play piano."
"Ok ok. Here's the plan. You follow the plan, everything will be ok. You just have to listen to me. Tomorrow, 7.15am I'll drop by your house, then Diana will follow you to his house after that."
"Sure, ok. I thought you're going also?"
"I'm not. Going swimming later."
"Ah, ok ok. Bye"

Sleep.

Next morning, 6.30a.m... I guess I got up a little early since I was so excited.

Bathed, changed, pack my bag, was only 6.50am. Went online a while, then Glenn smsed me, saying that he'd be there in about 10 mins.

They arrived, then Glenn dropped Diana and drove off, so Diana and I went to Sebastian's house (arrived about 7.15am).

At the gate: Sebastian was sitting down there...

He joined us then we walked to his house... quite some distance away from the gate. I was almost about to suggest that as our morning walk, but nevermind, we went for a jog after that after I put my stuff in his house.

After jogging, we started playing on an upright piano. Beautiful, beautiful music filled my ears. Seriously, those things on youtube, sure, they're good and all, but they can't be compared to seeing awesome piano playing with your own eyes. And then OH CRAP! I forgot to bring my camera!

Then I took a shower, brr, freaking cold because I didn't know how to operate the hot water heater. After that Sebastian and I shifted his drum set and placed it beside the grand piano. So, we ate some spaghetti, courtesy of YDP Agong.

After that, Mr Khoo Jia En came along... so we've got 3 pianists in the house... more beautiful music bathed my mind. So they started talking about things about piano stuffs, I guess, maybe. Then Sebastian's brother, Kenneth, came down and accompanied the piano with drums.

I don't know how to describe what happened after that. Piano, Drums, Saxophone, Trombone. We were graced by Wei Qi and Matthew after that. So, we played awesome music together, even though it was our first time I think it was very well done.


Sadly, I had to go back early else I'd be taking advantage of Sebastian's kindness. I left at 3pm. Diana and Matthew followed me back. I intro-ed Matthew to Modern Warfare 2. He was awestruck. They went back soon after that though, and boy, I'm beat; really tired. That's all from me! I'll be sure to bring my camera with me next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment