Walk through the past

Friday, December 17, 2010

(My) Early surprise birthday party

Jasmine and Jia Lin and Vincent and Isaiah and Caleb and Glenn and Keong and Jia En and Me.


On Monday; I had told Jasmine that I'd plan something for all of us on Thursday, since Isaiah would be going off to Penang for the rest of the year.

Later that week, Isaiah sent me a message saying he would do something on Thursday, with "the usual gang". Well, if he was going to organize it then I'd leave it up to him... he was better at such stuff anyways.

So on that fated day, Isaiah gave me a call,

"Hey, Foo! Remember to dress nicely ah!"
"Sure... but why are you telling me that? I always dress nicely when I go out. Hahaha."
"Who knows... you are liable to do something stupid."
"...."
"Just joking. Anyways, dress nicely!"
"Alright alright."

Later that evening; Isaiah, Caleb and I arrived at Jusco at about slightly past 6.45pm... met up with Keong and then later with Jia En and Vincent. Shortly after, we were joined by Jia Lin and Jasmine. So the time was about 7pm, by then.

Isaiah: Foo, where you wanna eat? Faster decide.
Terence: What? Why do I have to decide...what does everyone else say?
Isaiah: Don't talk so much lah, just decide faster. Quick, don't waste my time!
Jasmine: Terence, we're here for your birthday. So you are the one who will choose where we will eat at.
Terence: Huh? My birthday? What?

I was a bit shocked. No, I was very shocked. Nobody told me anything about that. I dallied a little while longer, shirking away my responsibilities(?) by walking around the place until finally...

Lady Boss: Terence, I'm hungry, so you better choose a place to eat at now (or else...)

Ah well. I finally made the decision of eating at Papa John's pizza (my first choice was turned down by me because it was too freaking expensive). Well, the food was what you might've expected from Papa John's. Though, I was a bit disappointed at the portions. Well, everything's expensive nowadays. Might I also add that I regretted taking a bite out of their pickled chili (it was hotter than I expected).

At any rate, after the meal, we went walking around (its what we do best) the bigger Jusco. I crashed the arcade there for a while ( used RM1 for DDR) and after that continued to walk around (totally covered in sweat). Then, the two ladies went to look at clothes for a while (maybe I should have joined them) while the guys went to look at some games. Ah well, the PS2 has become obsolete already, what a waste.

At any rate, we(the guys) went to look for Jasmine and Jia Lin after we finished what we wanted to do. So we entered a Padini Concept store (the one that they were entering at first). While we were there, Vincent wanted to show me a transvestite working there. Well, nothing really.... interesting to see. She(?) looked like any other girl, though I didn't try talking to her. At any rate, we searched around the store for a bit, but they were nowhere to be found, so we went to the store beside it, can't remember it's name. Something Outlet? We searched there too, but we couldn't fine them anywhere. I wanted to give them a ring via a phone call, but then again, walking around to look for them was fine too. Coincidentally, just as we walked out of the Something Outlet ( I think it was Brands outlet) I saw them walking out of the Padini store earlier. Well, they said they were in there the whole time. At this point, Isaiah said something which, I believe, was insulting them, but Ha-Ha-Ha.


After that we sat down on the bench outside there and took a few photographs together.

Caleb was taking the shot. Wait, why do I look so short? Oh, right. I'm leaning forwards.

Then, they asked me to open the gift they got for me.


My gift of a pair of goggles. Really nice ones, too. I guess I've no choice but to go swimming again soon. Keong went back after that.

At any rate; we sat there for a while and talked... then we went to get more food at... Old town. Glenn and I ordered some hot honey lemon drink, wasn't too bad. Vincent ordered a cold version of that drink. Jasmine ordered Enriched Hot Chocolate, which was essentially Milo, according to Jia Lin. His and Her Highness also shared some toast together. So we whiled away the time there and the clock slowly ticked till 10pm. Vincent and Jia En went back then. So, Jia Lin, Jasmine, guarded by Isaiah and Caleb and followed by Glenn and I went walking around near the exits, since we were heading back soon. I followed Isaiah and Caleb back, while Glenn followed Jasmine and Jia Lin. You know, at the end of the day, I honestly believed that it was my birthday, that day. I had planned on doing something on the 22nd, with the exact same group of people. But I guess we all have our schedules. Bringing the date forward was a good idea. After all, who knows when we might have the chance to go out together again like this?





This part might be rather emotional.

There has been too many times... too many times when I only really started to appreciate something when that something is about to be lost. Once when I was 12 years old, once more when I was 16... and one more time this year. I really, really, hope that I am able to prevent myself from regretting twice this year...but how can I do that? No matter what I can think of doing, I still feel that, somehow, I will regret not doing more...

No comments:

Post a Comment