Walk through the past

Thursday, January 13, 2011

My 3-day-escape from Reality.

Oh come on, what the heck? After typing so much why is it gone? Argh, darn it, I'll type it again tomorrow.

Monday; 10th January 2011.

Photos are here, but I guess anyone who reads my blog already knows.

I woke up at 6am, got changed and readied by 7am. My father dropped me off at Melaka Sentral at about 7.30am, where I met up with Fan Kiat and got introduced to Chua Carol (with an official hand shake, too.) I bought a bottle of Spritzer water, since carrying a bottle of water around with you when you travel is always a good idea. After all, water is the "liquid of life" and the "universal solvent". Shortly after that, we met up with Isaiah, who was apparently walking
around the whole area. Then, we went to our departure station (Interstate busses). After a while, Jasmine, Jia Lin and Cai Jun arrived. Then we joked a little on how Glenn's "reaching already" meant "reaching his car already" but Glenn arrived quite soon after that too, so he was really reaching already when we called him. After that, all of us boarded the bus and went to KL (I can't quite remember which station did we stop at in KL though.)


Well, at KL, we took a bus to 1Utama. The bus driver was even kind enough to tell us "Bila mau balik nanti you tunggu kat sana". First things first, we went walking around looking for something to eat. I think the main problem with us is choosing our food; mainly because we don't want to feel like we are forcing our decisions on others... until everyone is like "your choice". Ultimately, we all agreed (after much walking around and grumbling) to eat at Fish and Co.
or something like that. The food was, as you guessed, fish. 4 of us ordered normal Fish n' Chips, while another four ordered New York fish n chips (added USA flag and some cheese). I think that at this point, Glenn became the WOMAN. Let we explain...

Jasmine was eating the New York Fish n Chips. It was quite the large portion. Jasmine was saying, "I can eat this finish, for sure." and Glenn was, "Impossible. If you cannot eat finish you become my slave for 3 days." and then she replied, "Okay, if I can eat finish you lick my shoes." So Jasmine got to eating her fish... and she really looked like she was going to finish it. Then Glenn chickened out and said the deal was off, despite Fan Kiat saying that she will not eat it finish, don't be scared, or as he puts it "No balls la Glenn." Because of his foolish action of even suggesting a deal he would later on cancel, Carol called him Woman, and in resistance, Glenn called her Man. Ultimately, Jasmine did not finish her food (she finished the fish, but the couldn't eat finish the chips).


After much joking around and laughing some more, we split up because Isaiah wanted to buy some cup noodles and deemed it unnecessary for all of us to go together. In the end, He, Glenn and I took all the orders and went off to Jusco to buy the noodles.

That's a lot of cup noodles.

After that we walked around while the others, Fan Kiat, Cai Jun, Jia Lin, Jasmine, and Carol went walking around for clothes(?). After buying the noodles though, we just sat down at the top floor and relaxed. I took the American Mensa Test and scorer 117 (lower than my other score by 2) but then again Isaiah and Glenn helped me a little. When it was about time (our bus to Genting was at 4:30pm, but we started moving at about 4pm), we went to the bus stop. Along the way, we met Jia Lin, Fan Kiat and Cai Jun. Jasmine was tired, and Carol was accompanying her at the bus stop already. At any rate, since we were still early, we stopped by one last shop (Hang Ten) and, using Jia Lin's membership card, bought some clothes (I bought a shirt for 30% discount). The time was about 4:25pm then. Just as we were about to make a beeline to the bus stop, Jia Lin said, "What the hell!" as she looked at the receipt. The shirt I bought was only 30% discounted, when it should have been 40%! Then, she rushed back in and started arguing with the worker at the store. After about 5 minutes (4:30pm!) we walked out of the store, saving RM14. As we were walking towards the bus stop, Jia Lin went, "Eh, what the hell!" again. The clothes should have been 40% discounted, but it was only 37%! Alas, we were too late to go back and argue with them anymore. Cursing, we rushed to the bus stop to meet up with Jasmine and Carol again and got on the bus.

On the bus, things were pretty uneventful again. Uneventful, that is, until it became a freaking roller coaster ride towards the end. I mean, we were going downhill at crazy speeds! Haven't you read the news! Hello! Freak accidents happening left and right, yet you're driving so fast?! Heck, it was even drizzling a little! Nevertheless, we reached the "sky bus" (essentially, cable cars) safely (in record time too, might I add. Slightly over an hour from 1Utama to the cable car area).

I feel sick even remembering the next part. All of us got on a cable car. (8 of us fit nicely). Then it started moving. As with the bus, the first part of the ride was normal. I mean, it was shaking a little, we were joking and I wasn't enjoying the jokes they were making. Snapped a few photos. Then the stop and drop. Near the top of the ride (where the distance between the cable car and the ground was really, really far), the carriage suddenly stopped and we oscillated in the air for a few seconds. Dropping, then going up again, then dropping, then going up again. Ugh, I felt totally sick. It wasn't so bad if it only stopped once, maybe twice; but it stopped for a total of 4 times. Each time we moved even higher, and stopped again. While I assume everyone was scared for the first time, they all started laughing and talking again like normal when we stopped again. Everyone, that is, except for Cai Jun and I. I could totally feel how she felt whenever we stopped again. Like I've said before, I felt totally sick, even after we landed, for a while.

After the whole cable car incident, we took our room keys from Jia Lin's mother, and then stuffed all our bags and luggage in the rooms. Dayum, the girls' room was huge, like 5 times the size of our room? Well, never mind that, because the next day we were to shift to the room next to theirs. At any rate, after we've settled down a little, we went to Old Town to eat a few things. I ate Nasi Lemak... the majority of them ate Hor Fun. It was slightly more expensive than in Melaka, and the serving size was smaller. Then, we walked to the grand sale thing. Really good discounts in that place. Isaiah bought a special garment that is very important to men which he forgot to bring, of all things, for RM18 for a pack of 5! I was merely walking around and looking at all the stuff there. The clothes didn't really catch my attention there; however the belts caught my eye a bit. I can't really remember what happened next, but apparently we separated and Glenn, Jia Lin and I went back to the sale after that. We were bent on choosing belts to buy. In the end, after about 2 hours, each of us bought a belt each.

After settling our business, we(the guys) spent some time chatting about and joking in the big room, before heading off to bed.

**************************

I woke up the earliest (I slept about 3 or 4 hours only, if I remember correctly), and didn't know what to do. Fan Kiat and Glenn were gay-ing together, and Isaiah was totally kicking in his sleep. I paced around in my room for about an hour or so, then I decided to bathe. Freak! It was cold! and I got my cast quite wet. Well, it doesn't matter. When I was done, Isaiah was up and looking around blur-ly. He went to bathe then, while I started to pack my stuff. (we were shifting rooms that day). Glenn woke up some time later and did some morning exercises (what a fit guy), and then he went to bathe too. Fan Kiat went over to the other room to bathe. After we were all done, we made our way to our new room. We found Jia Lin walking around the lobby area, and we went to check out of our old room and check in our new room. Sadly, the receptionist did not allow Jia Lin to open a new room under her mother's name (and it pissed her off, apparently). Well, we dumped our stuff in the girls' room for the mean time.

Jasmine was feeling sick (I heard she had a head ache) so she was still lying down when the gang wanted to go crash the outdoor theme park. Well, I wasn't going to go for any rides either way, so technically, I should have accompanied her there till she felt better; but then again, I felt like it wasn't right, so in the end, we left her a key card and took her camera out to the outdoor theme park. Though, just as we were going to buy the wristbands to enter, she arrived, saying she felt better and staying in wouldn't do her any good anyway. So all of us bought our tickets into the outdoor theme park (after some failed haggling, I think).

After all of us entered, I offered/was asked to hold their bags whilst they went to sit on the spinning chair thing. Surprisingly (in fact, very surprisingly), Jasmine joined them. After watching them spinning around at various speeds and heights, they came back down. Even more surprisingly, Jasmine said she felt better. Then, we went to sit the bumper boats. Cai Jun joined me out on this one while the rest of em' went to bump each other to their hearts' contents.


No comments:

Post a Comment