Walk through the past

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Start of a new term

Well, it's time. Tomorrow (today, actually, since it's past 12) I'm gonna go back to Nottingham and start my new term there as a Year 1 Mechanical Engineering student, staying with new friends in a new house. I'm still the same me, but I'm sure I've changed a little over the months. I can't say I've made the "best" decisions in my life, or even if I've made the "right" ones. Who knows, right? Maybe in a parallel universe, there would be a different me doing all the things that I might've done, but didn't do. But that's for him to experience. I just have to do my best with the things presented to me at the present moment. That sounds about right.

 Isaiah and I were talking about how it might feel to have done something different in the past; What if I had been more active in sports when I was younger? What if I had done this, or that? What if I had not gone to Genting 2 years ago?

Well, after some conversing, we concluded that we wouldn't change anything in our lives even if we had the chance to re-live it all over again. Because who knows, the subtle decisions are the ones that may cause the biggest changes.

I saw a picture of a group of friends who went met up at the same place every 5 years and took a photo together. I thought it'd be a nice thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment