Walk through the past

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Beginning of low-wheat diet

It's not really a diet, per se. I'm just going to experiment what a diet containing no wheat feels like. Of course, now, at Nottingham, that isn't very viable. So, for now, I'll be trying out a LOW wheat diet. As in, very low. So far I've eaten only like... a quarter plate of rice for  lunch with lots of meat and vegetables. And I usually give Jia En half my rice during dinner so... yeah, let's see how it goes.

For the two weeks that I'll be at home from 20 Jan to 4 Feb, I'm going to go on a no wheat diet. That means no: bread, biscuits, rice, pastas, cereals, cakes, pizzas, instant drinks, and more. So far, I've been on a LOW grain diet for a week, and I see no notable differences.

If what some fitness experts say are true, well, I'm gonna be a changed person. But I'm going to try it out for a month and see how it works out. So far, I feel fine eating MUCH less rice than I usually do, but eating more meat and vegetables. No hunger, no fatigue. So, maybe I might just stick with it.

It's not like I'm totally not eating carbohydrates. I still get a healthy dose of it. Fruits, LOTS of vegetables, beans, sweet potatoes, nuts etc. 

I'm gonna need a source of calories to replace those from the carbs. Well, in any case, I'm just gonna try it out and see how it goes. If I start to feel bad and tire easily then I'll know for sure that those studies are bollocks and go back to how I used to live. But since there's so many articles advocating a no-wheat diet, I thought of giving it a try for myself. If it works then, so much better for me. If not, I've nothing to lose.
I'll be posting updates on my health from time to time throughout the month.


Wish me luck ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment