Walk through the past

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Ledger/Account/Financial Book and my "Book of Good Things"

Today I decided to organize my life a little more. It's been getting a little bit messy and out of hand lately to the point where I'm starting to lose my focus. I bought a ledger book to keep track of my financial expenditure because, let's face it, my family is far from what you'd call financially rich. We may be rich in other aspects though, but just not financially. I don't have much plans for that YET, as I'm going to take a few months and see how my spending trend is like. Off the top of my head though? I think I'm pretty thrifty.

I also decided to use the book/journal Isaiah gave me for Christmas late 2012 and call it my "Book of Good Things". I have this handy blog here to remember the important things or events I've gone through in my life. But I don't really have access to a computer 24/7, nor the time to post about every little thing that happens.

Enter the Book of Good Things. When I feel that I've done a good deed, or if someone has done a good thing for me, or even if something that made me smile a little bit happens, I'm going to pull it out and jot it down. Why? Today, while being caught in the jam, I felt really sad, burnt out, demoralized, and empty when I looked back and couldn't remember any achievements or good things. Like suddenly I feel like time has gone and I've wasted every moment of it.

Of course that's not true though, but it's just that I take the good things for granted. That's usually the case with everyone and I'm not an exception. That's why I decided to write down the happy things. And when I go into my empty mode again, I can fill myself up with happy things rather than bad ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment