Walk through the past

Thursday, April 18, 2013

It's been a hectic week+ Lumia 920+NBS Final Dhamma Talk

I went back home to Melaka last weekend, even though I knew I shouldn't have-- I was going to be super busy this week and going home=> zero productivity.

Well, my mother was going to go to Chiangmai this weekend and I thought I'd come back and wish her safe journeys. After all, what are some results anyway?

On Monday, just before going back to campus for a lab session, I went to buy a NEW PHONE for myself. It's my first SMARTPHONE-- a pretty high end model too: the Nokia Lumia 920. I got it for a pretty low price, relatively, largely thanks to Poh and her connections.

After buying my phone, I drove back to campus and arrived just slightly shy of 5 minutes before my lab started.


***

Yesterday was the final Dhamma Talk organized by the NBS for this semester. I don't know if I'll still be with them come September, but if possible I'd like to spend a lot more time with them. It's really nice to see how far we've come as opposed to September last year when we hardly even knew each other. Personally, for me, I signed up to be part of the committee without knowing anyone else, save Sze Wei and Ryan and Hui Jiun (though we never talked at prior to that). I knew Sumana, as she was the camp commander previously, but I doubt she knew me. Celestine, Chee Ying, Derick, Jian Yuan, Po Ee, Wan Mei, and Zheng Yang made for the core committee members while Bob, King Yew, Yi Xin, and Han Ying joined us after being interviewed later on. A weird rag-tag group of misfits (as most authors like to describe unlikely friends) who, under normal circumstances, would probably not mix with each other all that much.

And it's been an amazing journey. Really. I could probably write a few-thousand word essay on my time here (and I think I probably will, one day when I'm feeling particularly nostalgic). I haven't been able to express my thanks to them enough yet, but I'm sure I'll find a way.

***

I just had a chat with my mom ( like literally, just, as I was typing this), and my train of thought has been changed already, so there's no point in trying to continue this blog post. Anyway, my mom saw a few photos I took from my Lumia during the final NBS Talk and she commented that some of the ladies of NBS, particularly three of them, stood out from the rest. And for the most part, I do agree with her observation. ;)

Anyway, to cut things short,

It's been a hectic week, but I'm hanging on, and I can be 110% sure I'll miss the times I spent with the NBS.



No comments:

Post a Comment