Walk through the past

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Forked Road (POEM)

The Forked Road that forced us to part,
was the Forked Road that broke my heart.
With you I would have gladly walked together,
But we both knew that was possible never.

The time soon came when you had to go,
Staying at the fork we both smiled once more.
With a brief hug and solemn goodbyes,
You took the first step and averted your eyes.

Long I stood there hoping you would stop,
and turn around and say that you would stay.
For another minute, for another day,
Even another second would be okay.

But my wishes were dry,
just like the sky without a star for me to wish by.
And continue you did, down your own path,
leaving me behind without a half.

Hours turned to days, and days turned to weeks,
I slowly walked my road with hesitation.
For every step I took away,
I took another back to that day.

For how could I allow it if you ever started thinking
that you wanted to come back but there was nobody there waiting?
And so I still waited for that little 'if', little 'maybe',
that one day you might come back and you could then save me.

My brain says 'Leave!', my heart says "No!
A miracle can't happen if you let go."
And to that, so far, I have followed my heart;
But I think it's about time I learnt my part.



I have to leave-- I know it is so.
With feet heavy, I left the Forked Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment