Walk through the past

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Another few days in K. Lumpur

After extending my stay from Wednesday to Saturday to hang out with some of my friends...

***

On Friday morning, Mr Manan (my uncle's driver) and I went to pick Glenn and Thim Seng up from the Bukit Jalil bus station. Then, he dropped us off at Sunway Pyramid (we had to lompat pagar, lols) and we started walking around. After a few message exchanges with Jia Lin (I sent a message to her, and she replied to Glenn. ... ... ), we met up with her. And you know, the first thing she said was, "Hey Foo! You've cut your hair." I don't remember when, I don't remember why, and I sure don't know how she was influenced to do it, but she started calling me Foo! as per Isaiah. Well, never mind that. It's not like I'm... not okay with it.

At any rate! After gathering, we walked around some more, stopping by sports shops along the way, and moseyed on to the directory. After some shirking of responsibilities, we finally decided on eating at Dragon-I. Well, the food there was.... not as good as I expected it to be (or maybe because I had too high an expectation). I ate.. er... braised pork La mian? Glenn and Thim Seng both ordered some other variations of the La Mian. Jia Lin ordered the small soupy pao. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but xiao long pao?) Also, Glenn and I ordered the Dragon-I specialty drink, Dragon-i. It was... well, my first impression was air bandung. But when I drank more, it actually tastes pretty good.

After eating, Jia Lin exchanged some messages with Jasmine (she was in Sunway with her, well, according to Jia Lin, other friends.) She couldn't join us, sadly. At any rate, we walked around some more and then decided to go Ice Skating (Thim Seng really didn't want to go. HAHA) We bought RM5 gloves at Daiso (as opposed to RM8 from Sunway) and went skating.

Ice skating. I wonder what I should say about it. Fun? Well, yeah. I guess it was, once you left the safety of the wall and started... skating. We took a few photos (not all of us could be together in the same picture, because, well, technically we shouldn't have been snapping photos while skating). Jia Lin fell down once, but it wasn't a really bad fall. After a few hours, (I think it was about 90 minutes), all of us went out of the ring and sat down. Jia Lin needed to go back, and so we parted ways at about... 4:40pm. I took off my skating shoes and damn, not only were my socks dirtied, but my feet were totally in pain. We (Thim Seng, Glenn and I) were all walking funnily for a while after that.


The Three Great Guys


Dude give me some support!


After that, we went to meet up with Matthew Lee and Matthew Chan ( did I mention we took the scenic route to meet them, despite our legs hurting so much?)

We walked over to Sunway University and rested a while in the library's discussion room (we were talking quite loudly). Then, we followed Matthew Chan's car and went to Taylor's University. There, we met up with Vincent, Zhong Wei, Sebastian, Han Yang and Aaron. Then we went to eat dinner at er.. some Pan Mee restaurant. We were later joined by Carol, Jasmine, and... Karen?

*Carol sat beside Glenn.

The food was, well, hmm, average. But it wasn't too pricey so I guess it was alright. After sitting down and chatting for a while, they (namely Teng and Han Yang and Jasmine and everyone else who were studying) needed to continue studying til 11pm, we separated. Sebastian stayed back with us (What a guy ♥) and let us crash his room for a while.

*Glenn accompanied Carol back to her room.

In Sebastian's (shared) room, we met Alex, one of the room mates from Johor. He was a pretty cool guy, who invited us to swim with him at 11pm at night. Hah, joke.

Not wanting to bother Sebastian any longer (he wanted to study too, I guess, because after we left he grabbed his student ID and went to the library), we followed Glenn's cousin's car back to his house and stayed there for the night.




***

More to be updated soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment