Walk through the past

Monday, August 15, 2011

Disappointed, not happy; just like SPM.

I won't post this on facebook as I do to my other thoughts as I believe it might offend some people or make people think I'm an elitist ass.(they aren't wrong for the latter)

So I just got back my Mechanics A test 1 result. I'm highly disappointed of them. For the record, my marks were 42/45 (93%).

I can't help but feel the similarities between this scenario and when I took my SPM results on 23 March 2011. Elation, at first; then, disappointment; because there were people better than me, and because I knew I could have done better myself.

Anybody would call me crazy if I said I was disappointed in my SPM results when I had a "near" perfect score. I'm a perfectionist by both nature and nurture, so every time I write down... A+, A+, A+, A; I get a little annoyed. It's not often that I'm not the top. And this time, it's the same. Always second best. Everything I do tends to end up being second best. And no matter what I do, I'm always just second best.

Talking about that has got me thinking. Why do I like English so much? Was it because I loved the Language and all its quirks, or was it because I was naturally the best at it? Ever since primary school I never had to "study" English nor did I have to "practice" writing, and I would naturally be at the top of the class for that particular subject.

Well, I promised Jasmine that I wouldn't be depressed, so,
DEPRESSING THOUGHTS, GO AWAY! FHOOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment