Walk through the past

Monday, November 1, 2010

Melancholy strikes again

Why do you always treat me so nicely;
When you know I'll take it the wrong way?
I am a lonesome teenage boy
...with only so much to say.

For I am shy, quiet, and an introvert;
I'm sure you already know.
I may not be able to take your heart away;
but I assure you my heart has already been swayed.

...By your laughter, your smile, your small gestures;
all these things that make you you.
And whats more than that;
they are what draws me to you.

I curse myself for being me;
so quiet and so shy.
Yet I long so hard to break
this lonesome shell of mine.

It's not the first time I've had this feeling
but now it's stronger than before.

"It can't be helped, it can't be helped,
You're only a teenage boy;
who has never tasted the joy of love
nor drank from the clouds above.

You should be thankful, too,
for love comes at a price.
You'll never have to taste
the bitterness of goodbyes."

Alas! I long to forget this feeling
of this broken heart of mine
and continue to live forevermore
in this sad, sad state of recline.

No comments:

Post a Comment