Walk through the past

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Traveling Experiences #1

I've been thinking-- I've not written much lately. And generally, if I don't write stuff down I tend to forget them.

At our age (20...) I feel that it's far more important to learn than to enjoy. Of course, we can't just learn 24/7, 365 days in a normal year because learning is oftentimes both mentally and physically exhausting.

I've traveled more this year than I have in my whole life thus far. To be honest, the thought of sitting down in trains for 10 hours, or waiting at the airport for 6 hours to fly (oh heavens, no!) for another 3 hours would completely deter me from travelling away from the comfort of my home had I been in Malaysia. However, since I was fortunate enough to be given the opportunity to be studying (or rather, at the point of me writing this, I have officially finished my academic year abroad so I guess 'studying' isn't really the right word to use anymore...) in the UK as an exchange student, I figured I might as well make the most of my time here.

I told myself that I'd write down everything I've learnt from my travels. And so far, I haven't been doing that. You see, living so far away from home, you are given complete control over what you want to do in a day. Generally, when I have too many choices, I tend to make the lazy choice of not really doing anything. So. As it is apparent... the long posts I make on Facebook aren't the ones that are being saved. I should've probably wrote them into this blog. I mean, that was the whole point of me writing my blog anyway.

That being said, I'm going to procrastinate again because it's 4.02 a.m. and I can hear the birdsong outside my window. And yes. The sky is already kinda bright. No, I'm not joking. In Summer, the Sun is in the sky from 5 am ish till 9pm onwards. And although it isn't as warm as Malaysia's scorching 35 C, the intensity of the Sun rays here are quite a bit higher, I reckon. But I can't even remember how the Sun in Malaysia feels like anymore. It's been so long.


No comments:

Post a Comment